December 03, 2018 at 02:30PM
The holiday season can be described in a lot of ways. It’s joyful, it’s cheerful, it’s exciting, and it’s nostalgic. But when you’re in the thick of getting through your list of gifts you need to buy, “extraordinarily expensive” seems to best fit the, well, bill. Spreading joy comes with a high price tag, and if you’re swiping your credit card day after day, those amounts can add up.
But hey, who says you can’t benefit from the gift of giving, too? Below are the best shopping rewards to take advantage of from three major credit cards: Bank of America Premium Rewards, American Express Platinum (both of which require activating the offer in question on the app or website), and Chase Sapphire Preferred (for which customers use the “Shop through Chase” portal to rack up points).
As of publishing, all of the offers—perfect for workout warriors, beauty buffs, and home-decor devotees, alike—are available and ready to make your holiday shopping more fruitful if not easier. And, since they leave you with cash back in your pocket and points in your account, consider yourself that much closer to a paid-for jaunt to Kaikoura, New Zealand—Airbnb’s top 2019 destination to visit. Not too shabby, right?
Get the most out of your holiday shopping with these deals for 3 major credit cards.
Bank of America Premium Rewards
- Get 10 percent cash back at Dermalogica, for your skin-care-loving bestie.
- Sip up 5 percent cash back at Starbucks, for the one friend we all have who collects those mugs of every city—and also to, y’know, fuel your shopping mission.
- Snag 5 percent cash back at Under Armour, for the workout warrior in need of some sweat-wicking performance gear.
- Enjoy 5 percent cash back for Airbnb, so you give can give the gift of travel—and the memories vacations always yield.
- Take advantage of 10 percent cash back at J.Crew Factory.
- Get 20 percent cash back with Kindle—for the bookworm who always has a new must-read on in their TBR pile.
American Express Platinum
- Spend $50 or more at wine.com, and get $10 back. Pro tip: There are plenty of natural and organic bottles to choose from.
- Spend $40 on unique finds from Etsy, like personalized home decor or face-themed planters, and get 1,000 Membership Rewards points.
- Spend $75 at Pier 1 imports, and get 1,500 Membership Rewards points.
- Get an additional Membership Rewards point for every dollar you spend at adidas.com.
- Score an additional Membership Rewards point for every dollar you spend at Gap brand stores. Yep, that includes Athleta, and its beloved leggings and even denim.
- Spend $100, get 2,000 Membership Rewards points at furniture haven Wayfair. Consider splurging on someone special with this covetable and convertible bookshelf/dining-room table.
- Nab an additional Membership Rewards point for every dollar you spend on chic-kitchen wins at williams-sonoma.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Nab four points for every dollar spent at Uniqlo—home to great, underrated cold-weather accessories at Uniqlo.
- Every dollar spent at Lululemon gets you eight (eight!) bonus points—so you can feel great about getting yourself a pair of leggings to match the great gift you got your bestie.
- Nab four points for every dollar you spend on super-luxe duds at Barneys New York.
- For the beauty-product maven in your life, make use of this Ulta deal of three points for every dollar you spend. And at Sephora, the deal is slightly sweeter, with five points for every dollar.
- For every dollar you spend at J.Crew, you’ll get two points—and don’t forget to check out the undies section!