March 06, 2019 at 11:58AM by CWC
Yes, you can eat pizza for breakfast and healthy pancakes every day of the week. But you won’t believe that dreams really do come true until you take a bite of these nutritious chunky monkey brownies. They’re so rich and delicious that you might not believe they’re actually good for you.
Jordan Younger‘s chunky monkey banana bread brownie creation is completely vegan and sos-free (no salt, oil, or sugar). “I honestly dreamt it up during my fast, and the moment I got in my parent’s kitchen today, I brought it to life,” writes the plant-based recipe blogger behind The Balanced Blonde. “The verdict? Damn good.” And how can they not be? They’re a merge of some of the best comfort foods, after all. The next time you’re craving something sweet, try them out for yourself.
View this post on Instagram
Chunky Monkey Banana Bread Brownies
3 overripe spotty bananas
2 cups buckwheat flour (or gluten-free flour of choice)
1/2 cup almond milk
2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp flax mixed with 6 tsp water)
1 cup pitted medjool dates (soaked is better)
1 banana to top, sliced in half lengthwise (optional)
2 Tbsp cacao powder
1/2 cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flax egg ingredients and set aside to firm.
3. In a large bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly.
4. In a food processor or blender (or a hand mixer) add in the dates, almond milk, vanilla, ACV, cacao, and bananas to the batter mixture. Blend until smooth.
5. Add in chocolate chips and flax eggs, then pour batter into a loaf pan or square brownie pan. Top with sliced banana if desired.
6. Pop into the oven and bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick runs clean. Cool, and enjoy!
These frozen keto desserts are perfect for an energy boost, not a sugar high. And find out which healthy desserts nutritionists actually eat.