March 17, 2020 at 09:00PM by CWC
Sauces make the world a better place. That’s a fact. Whether it’s your pasta, roasted vegetables, or taco bowl—a good sauce instantly transforms any meal into a solid great one. And while there countless options out there to choose from, it only takes five ingredients to make the chili sauce recipe thousands of healthy eaters can’t get enough of.
Out of all of Sakara Life‘s offerings, the Daydreamer Soba Noodle Bowl is a hard-to-beat favorite amongst those who use the healthy meal programs. While the shiitake mushrooms, buckwheat soba noodles, and asparagus make for a delicious combo, it’s the chili sauce that always has clients coming back for more. In fact, it was so popular they decided to keep the dish on the menu for good.
You’d think something so noteworthy would come with a long, complicated ingredients list—especially considering it was created by a world-renowned chef!—but it just goes to show mouth-watering meals can be made in minutes, too. This sauce only requires healthy pantry staples you probably already have at home: tahini, brown rice vinegar, white miso, soy sauce, and Sriracha. Yep, that’s it. If you don’t have those exact ingredients, you could make substitutions—like another hot sauce instead of Sriracha, for example.
Grab some veggies and noodles, then coat them in this chili sauce recipe you can make in minutes. Pro tip: Make extra and store it in the fridge, because you’re going to want to use this stuff all week long.
Daydreamer soba noodle bowl
For the chili sauce:
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons tahini
3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
2 tablespoons white miso
2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
1.5 tablespoons high-quality Sriracha
For the noodles:
2 cups shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1 package buckwheat soba noodles
4 cups baby arugula
2 scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced
1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
1. Make the chili sauce: In a blender, combine all the ingredients. With the blender still running, drizzle in 2 tablespoons of water to emulsify. Set aside.
2. Make the noodles: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms and asparagus with 1 tablespoon of the oil and the salt and toss to coat. Spread the vegetables in an even layer over the prepared baking sheet. Roast until the asparagus is tender, about 6 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to a plate and return the mushrooms to the oven to roast for another 10 minutes, until tender. Set aside.
4. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook soba noodles according to the package instructions. Strain and rinse under cold water. Toss the noodles with the remaining oil to keep them from sticking.
5. In a large bowl, toss the noodles with the roasted vegetables and chili sauce. Arrange the noodles over a bed of arugula, sprinkle with the scallions and sesame seeds, and serve.
Here’s how to find your new go-to easy, healthy sauce based on your favorite flavor profile. Then try the easy, no-sugar-added marinara sauce that will make every pasta night healthy and delicious.